About Kelly Chibale
Selected Representative Invited/Keynote/Plenary Lectures:
- Acetolactate Synthase Inhibitors as Novel Anti-tuberculosis Agents. Plenary lecture at the Gordon Conference on Tuberculosis (TB) Drug Development, 31 Aug -5 Sept 2003, Queens’ College, University of Oxford, UK.
- Privileged Structures and Multi-Component Reaction Strategies in Antiprotozoal Drug Discovery. Invited lecture at the Keystone Symposia, Drugs Against Protozoan Parasites, 28 Jan-1 February 2007, Lake Tahoe, Tahoe City, California, USA.
- Chemical Approaches to the Reversal of Chloroquine Resistance in the Malaria Parasite Plasmodium falciparum. Invited Keynote Lecture at the 7th Asian International Medicinal Chemistry (AIMECS09) Congress, Cairns, Australia, 23-27 August 2009.
- Hit to Lead and Lead Optimization of Antimalarial and Antituberculosis Whole Cell Hits from a SoftFocus Library. Invited Lecture at the American Chemical Society (ACS) symposium entitled "Challenges in Phenotypic Whole Cell High throughput Screening and Medicinal Chemistry Optimization of Hits; Strategies to Discover Novel Antiparasitic and Antimycobacterial Agents", 243rd ACS National Meeting 25-29 March 2012, San Diego, California, USA. Also Symposium Chair and Co-Organizer with Dr John Butera (Hager Biosciences, USA).
- A Pharmacophore for the Rational Design of Chemosensitizers Against Drug Resistant Malaria Parasites. Invited lecture at the American Chemical Society-Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (India) conference on Advances in Organic Chemistry and Chemical Biology (AOCCB), 11-12 Jan 2006, Indian Institute of Chemical Technology (IICT), Hyderabad, India.
- Medicinal chemistry progression of phenotypic HTS hits for TB from SoftFocus libraries. Invited lecture at the Gordon Conference on Tuberculosis (TB) Drug Development, 21-26 July 2013, Lucca, Barga, Italy. Under session “Compounds”. .
- The 1st Small Molecule Clinical Candidate Discovered in Africa. Invited Lecture at the American Chemical Society (ACS) symposium entitled "New Models for Drug Discovery', 249th ACS National Meeting in Denver, Colorado, March 22nd – 25th, 2015, USA.
- African-Led Health Innovation to Tackle Global Health Challenges through Partnerships: The H3D Example. Invited Lecture at the 9th European Congress on Tropical Medicine and International Health (ECTMIH) as part of GHIT Symposium “The Japanese contribution to tackle global”, 6-10 September 2015, Basel, Switzerland
- Antimalarials from SoftFocus Libraries: Optimization and Target Identification. Invited lecture at the Keystone Symposium, Drug Discovery for Parasitic Diseases, 24-29 January, 2016, Granlibakken Resort, Tahoe City, California, USA.
- Recent Drug Discovery case histories for malaria. Invited lecture at the Canada Malaria Symposium, Science and policy shield the vulnerable from malaria, 20 June, 2016, McGill University, Montreal, Canada.
- Next generation PI4K inhibitors that impact the entire parasite life cycle. Invited lecture at the XIX International Congress for Tropical Medicine and Malaria (ICTMM), 18-22 September 2016, Brisbane, Australia.
- PI4K inhibitors that target multiple life cycle stages of the human malaria parasite. Invited Lecture at the 19th Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC / Society of Chemical Industries (SCI) Medicinal Chemistry Symposium, 10th-13th September 2017, Churchill College, University of Cambridge, UK