Access to Innovation for All: Is it Possible?
This moderated panel discussion will explore the current challenges of incentivizing the development of innovative technologies that address the burden of disease globally, specifically poverty-related and neglected diseases, while ensuring they are accessible to those most in need. Representatives from industry, academia, and nonprofit product development partnerships will debate the most significant barriers to access, and share successes, challenges, and lessons learned from a product developer's perspective.
- Kelly Chibale, Director of H3D and South Africa Research Chair in drug discovery, University of Cape Town Drug Discovery and Development Centre
- George Jagoe, Executive Vice President, Access & Product Management, Medicines for Malaria Venture
- David Kaslow, Vice President of Product Development, Leader of the Center for Vaccine Innovation and Access, PATH
- Jon Pender, Vice President, Government Affairs, GlaxoSmithKline
- Tanya Vogt, Chief Operating Officer, The South African Medical Device Industry Association
- Joy Phumaphi, Executive Secretary, African Leaders Malaria Alliance
With remarks from Susanna Hausmann Ribera, Health Policy Advisor, Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation.